Pros and Cons of USA Medicine You Should Be Aware
The patient and the doctor in the USA do not contact directly when planning an appointment. There is no free social tax paid medicine in the full sense of the term. Buying health insurance is expensive, but even more expensive to be treated without it. Most Americans cannot use the services of free doctors just by appointment. And paid clinics are so expensive that it makes no sense to go there, unless your income is above average. Conditionally free access to doctors is provided by intermediaries – private insurance companies. Having bought insurance, the American guarantees a certain set of services. Insurance plans may vary.
USA Medicine: Pros and Cons
- US medicine and the healthcare system as a whole are at a very high level. Moreover, on two sides at once: on the part of patients who receive high-quality treatment, they definitely refuse to help anyone here, and also on the part of doctors who receive more than decent salaries, it is the profession of a doctor that is the highest paid in the USA.
- The USA is the birthplace of a huge variety of technologies and developments, various know-how is being introduced here as quickly and efficiently as possible, it is here that you can find the most modern and highest quality medical equipment, the most modern and high-quality medicines, as well as much more.
- The doctors here are extremely qualified, it is very difficult to get a medical education, no one will buy a “crust” here.
- Medical ethics here is not an empty phrase. The patient always takes a direct part in his treatment, all actions are performed only with the consent of the patient.
- An extremely low percentage of medical errors: at least because the doctor is responsible for them – nobody wants to go to jail. In addition, high-quality medical equipment, as well as several specialists, are involved in the process in order to exclude the subjective factor as much as possible.
- Medicine in the USA is extremely, simply breathtakingly expensive. Even the simplest medical procedures can cost you a lot of money, not to mention serious medical care or operations, the cost of which reaches just astronomical orders. Thus, in the USA it is better – either with insurance, or not at all.
- All medicines can only be bought with a prescription. Even a simple antipyretic, a remedy for a headache – you cannot buy all this without a preliminary visit to the doctor.
- The quality of medical services can vary from state to state, largely due to the difference in wages.
- Due to the very high price of medical services, some bring themselves to rather unfortunate conditions, simply being unable to go to the doctor and pay for all the necessary services.