Advantage of Introducing Electronic Medical Record for Patients
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is a promising area in the development of outpatient care. EMR was developed for the greater convenience of the former and the facilitation of the professional activities of the latter. In addition, it can greatly simplify the activities of the organizational, methodological and statistical departments of any medical institution, homecare, adult day care, assisted living, respite care and other healthcare agencies.
All medical information collected during a person’s life is accumulated in the patient’s electronic medical record. The patient’s electronic medical record (EMR) is a unified repository of medical information intended for maintaining, storing, searching and issuing personal medical records for all cases when a patient seeks medical care.
An electronic medical record is created when a patient first contacts a medical institution, homecare, adult day care, assisted living, respite care and other healthcare agencies during his registration. It is created once. Inside the medical electronic record, episodes are created for each case when a patient visits a medical institution. If the patient is in hospital, an electronic medical history is formed. At the close of the episode, documents formed in the electronic medical history are not subject to change or additions.
myEZcare has developed cloud-based healthcare enterprise software solutions for the agencies providing homecare, adult day care, assisted living, respite care and other healthcare services. The software offered by myEZcare can greatly simplify the work of medical personnel and the lives of patients.
Why You Should Buy myEZcare Healthcare Software
The necessary of myEZcare software has become due to the general computerization of modern society. It should be noted that the idea of creating such a system arose a long time ago. myEZcare technical experts have long been working to develop a system that can help healthcare agencies to streamline their workflows and improve care. In addition, myEZcare healthcare software greatly simplifies the activities of healthcare agencies which were able to request information regarding a patient and employees in digital format.
Pros and Cons of USA Medicine You Should Be Aware
The patient and the doctor in the USA do not contact directly when planning an appointment. There is no free social tax paid medicine in the full sense of the term. Buying health insurance is expensive, but even more expensive to be treated without it. Most Americans cannot use the services of free doctors just by appointment. And paid clinics are so expensive that it makes no sense to go there, unless your income is above average. Conditionally free access to doctors is provided by intermediaries – private insurance companies. Having bought insurance, the American guarantees a certain set of services. Insurance plans may vary.
USA Medicine: Pros and Cons
- US medicine and the healthcare system as a whole are at a very high level. Moreover, on two sides at once: on the part of patients who receive high-quality treatment, they definitely refuse to help anyone here, and also on the part of doctors who receive more than decent salaries, it is the profession of a doctor that is the highest paid in the USA.
- The USA is the birthplace of a huge variety of technologies and developments, various know-how is being introduced here as quickly and efficiently as possible, it is here that you can find the most modern and highest quality medical equipment, the most modern and high-quality medicines, as well as much more.
- The doctors here are extremely qualified, it is very difficult to get a medical education, no one will buy a “crust” here.
- Medical ethics here is not an empty phrase. The patient always takes a direct part in his treatment, all actions are performed only with the consent of the patient.
- An extremely low percentage of medical errors: at least because the doctor is responsible for them – nobody wants to go to jail. In addition, high-quality medical equipment, as well as several specialists, are involved in the process in order to exclude the subjective factor as much as possible.
- Medicine in the USA is extremely, simply breathtakingly expensive. Even the simplest medical procedures can cost you a lot of money, not to mention serious medical care or operations, the cost of which reaches just astronomical orders. Thus, in the USA it is better – either with insurance, or not at all.
- All medicines can only be bought with a prescription. Even a simple antipyretic, a remedy for a headache – you cannot buy all this without a preliminary visit to the doctor.
- The quality of medical services can vary from state to state, largely due to the difference in wages.
- Due to the very high price of medical services, some bring themselves to rather unfortunate conditions, simply being unable to go to the doctor and pay for all the necessary services.
All You Need to Know About Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA) is for those who have lost their jobs. The program is designed to provide assistance to Americans in support of insurance in case of loss of official employment. The free option depends on the reasons for losing your source of income. If the fault was noncompliance with duties, alcoholism or something similar, it is not possible to participate.
Insurance for Existing DiseasesIf a citizen already has a problem, for example, there has been a stroke before, diabetes has been identified (the stage does not matter), a fracture with serious complications, etc., then the state has developed and is using the PCIP federal plan. It is intended for people with “high risks”. To be able to use it, you must:
- be in the status of “uninsured” for six months;
- have a serious illness;
- have a written waiver from the insurance company in the design of the policy.
For this category of people, protection is provided in accordance with the Act “On the Accessibility of Medical Care and Guarantees of Patient Protection”. It allows access to medical insurance, regardless of diseases and the current state of health. A comparative analysis shows that in the Russian Federation such citizens remain unprotected.