How to Start Home Healthcare Business in USA
What is Home Healthcare Agency?
Home Healthcare agency can be defined as agencies providing home care services in the residence of patients. It is a service that allows patient to receive treatment in his home or preferred place. Home Healthcare is economic and promotes a faster recovery and improved care. In this care can be provided by either licensed healthcare professionals or professionals caregivers.
The patient’s home, which is the main site of home care, is a space owned by patients and their families, so unlike hospitals, it has a concern that it is not a space controlled by medical personnel.
Follow the Below Steps to Start Home Healthcare Agency
- Selection of opening area, marketing, customer analysis.
- Completing your state’s home care application for a license.
- Get your Medicaid and Medicare certification.
- Advertising plan making, brochure, homepage making.
- Medical clinic establishment notice (health center), insurance medical treatment procedure.
- Acquisition of property, contract, interior worker selection.
- Recruitment of staff and staff, training
Things to Remember
- Maintain a system that allows doctors, nurses and caregivers in direct contact with patients to communicate with patients and their families 24 hours a day.
- Maintain a 24-hour home-visit system according to the patient’s request.
- Appropriate medical record management is done about home care.
- Working in cooperation with local nursing and welfare service establishments.
- Always keep proper report about the number of people receiving care in their home.