US Senate Advances Bill Lowering Cost of Medical Care and Ending Surprise Billing
The United States Senate Committee has approved the Lower Health Care Costs Act of 2019. Legislation that includes 54 proposals from 65 senators — 36 Democrats and 29 Republicans. This bill will make healthcare more transparent and ends surprise billing
United States Senator Lamar Alexander said that the Lower Health Care Costs Act will reduce what Americans pay out of their pockets for health care in three major ways. First, it ends surprise billing. Second, it creates more transparency— there are twelve bipartisan provisions that will: eliminate gag clauses and anti-competitive terms in insurance contracts, designate a non-profit entity to unlock insurance claims for employers, ban Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) from charging more for a drug than the PBM paid for the drug, and require that patients receive more information on the cost and quality of their health care. You can’t lower your health care costs until you know what your health care costs. And third, it increases prescription drug competition—there are fourteen bipartisan provisions to help more low-cost generic and biosimilar drugs reach patients.
Lamar Alexander Altogether further added that this legislation will help to lower the cost of health care, which has become a tax on family budgets and on businesses, on federal and state governments. A recent Gallup poll found that the cost of health care was the biggest financial problem facing American families. And last July, this committee heard from Dr. Brent James, from the National Academies, who testified that up to half of what the American people spend on health care may be unnecessary.
The Following Billing are Also Approved
- Emergency Medical Services for Children Program – This law will safeguard the way children are getting emergency treatments. This bill mandates emergency health care providers to be completely prepared to treat children, who typically require minor equipment and different dosages of medication.
- The Poison Center Network Enhancement Act of 2019 – This bill will modernize the communications abilities of poison control centers. This bill will strengthen the network of 55 poison control centers across the country and enables them to more effectively prevent and respond to toxic exposures and poisonings.
myEZcare Applications – Comprehensive Healthcare Software Solutions
The use of EHR (Electronic Health Records) is now the standard protocol for the implementation of software solutions. The recording and transfer of data have opened the new horizon of knowledge sharing amongst the medical fraternity and has helped in making tremendous achievements by recording their knowledge for use by other doctors. This sharing of knowledge gives the medical fraternity a valuable tool for recording and sharing to provide the best value for the expense incurred. myEZcare’s Home Healthcare Software is one of the most advanced and preferred home healthcare software in the United States and Canada.
Features of myEZcare Healthcare Softwares
- Referral Intake – The referral intake is a comprehensive process with a bulk import of the referrals and an intake checklist. The referral agencies receive notifications via email regarding the detection of missing or expired documents. Patient’s consent is taken online. There is a single view consisting of all the patient information.
- Employee Management – Employee management is a part of our case management software but works as a full-fledged option to keep track and record of your employees. With myEZcare’s case management software, you can keep your caregivers and related parties engage and productive.
- Patient Management – One of the best-automated features to track patient information, diagnosis, services delivered, assigned caregivers and encounters with healthcare organizations. With this patient feature, you can obtain, update and store patient details electronically.
- Co-ordinated Care – The HIPAA compliant Internal Messaging system makes it simpler for agency care providers to communicate and collaborate with each other.
- Intuitive Scheduling- A sleek and easy self-learning documentation interface helps to create notes and visits in a simple manner using the innovative AI feature for documentation. There is no requirement for typing lengthy notes.
- Reporting- The analysis and assessment of the revenue generation help to improve the performance of the healthcare provider’s agency with the use of a customizable reporting system. The dashboard helps to improve the performance by providing every detail on the same platform as the single views on schedules, missing or expiring document, claim submission reports, employee attendance and other reports.
- Transportation: An efficient management of transportation of data within and between departments and units can be done. The transportation can be managed in accordance with patients’ care and available transportation system can be used to facilitate safe care.
Cloud-based Home healthcare software designed by myEZcare is a one-stop solution for all technological needs in the delivery of a perfect and user- friendly health care. It is a Home healthcare software that manages all the data relevant for providing a complete analytical background. It encourages collaboration between the patient and the healthcare providers. This hospital management software does not only allow free information flow, but it also ensures that the information is captured from each relevant source and can be used for meaningful analytics to improve the quality of health outcomes, in real time benefitting both, the patient and the healthcare providers. It believes in being a trusted technology partner in delivering quality care.